Position: Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce President
Responsibilities: The President is responsible for the implementation of all policies that are set forward by the Board of Directors and management of those related activities.
- Oversee office management including equipment supplies and staff scheduling.
- Staff management, review and development
- Hire and train appropriate staff to accomplish plan of work.
- Motivate members to get involved and take on leadership and committee positions
- Organizational Management
- Update and maintain operational documents such as by-laws, personnel policies, etc.
- Serve as a communication link that bonds all Chamber committees and programs.
- Serve as ex-officio member of the CVB Board of Directors.
- Financial Management
- Develop draft budgets with Finance Committee for Board review and approval.
- Review financial statements with Board regularly, including comparison to budget and prior year.
- Ensure sound financial management practices.
- Community Relations
- Continually strive to develop a better public understanding of the Chamber/CVB and its purpose.
- Stay connected with other organizations that have common goals for the community.
- Serve as a liaison to community groups when appropriate as deemed by the Board.
- Serve as ex-officio member of the City of Lakeville Economic Development Commission
- Work to develop a brand and marketing image that will identify Chamber and CVB accomplishments and benefits of chamber membership.
- Business Advocacy
- Communicate positions taken by the Chamber to media and government officials.
- Identify key issues raised by members or other organizations that may affect businesses.
- Inform members about key issues and solicit input from membership on key issues.
- Continue to develop the Chamber into the community leader on Workforce Development.
- Membership Development
- Responsible for overall growth objectives set forth by the Chamber Board of Directors.
- Ensure strong member retention through program involvement.
- Continually recruit new members to join and get involved in the Chamber.
Because the President has almost daily access to privileged information relative to potential new industries, commercial enterprises, individuals seeking new locations, etc., it is imperative that the highest degree of personal and professional ethics be observed at all times – both to protect the confidentiality of sensitive transactions and to avoid the possibility of a conflict of interest.
Education/Certification: Four-year degree required, with bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, public relations, business or related field preferred.
Experience: Successful experience as the leader of a non-profit preferred. Must have experience and demonstrated ability in program development, assessment, communications, and strategic planning. Needs demonstrated experience in developing and managing budgets.
Qualifications: Must have: excellent team building and leadership qualities; demonstrated supervisory and management skills; written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of current trends in business and chamber issues; be involved in the Lakeville community; effective business leadership practices; planning and facilitation skills; and knowledge of technology solutions to apply to program use.
Terms of Employment: Exempt position. Hours and days of service are established by the Lakeville Area Chamber Board and are subject to change according to the Chamber’s needs.
Evaluation: The performance improvement process will be implemented with the direct supervisor.
Direct Supervisor: Chair and 1st Vice Chair of the Chamber Board of Directors.
Indirect Supervisor: Lakeville Area Chamber Board of Directors.
Resumes with a cover letter and references by August 17th, can be sent to: Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce and CVB Presidential Search Committee, 19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 104, Lakeville, MN 55044 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization recognized for its outstanding programs, valuable services and committed members. Our members believe that by working together, the Chamber can help cultivate the local business climate: Recruiting and retain businesses and industry, attracting visitors to the area, and using our combined influence for legislation that supports these goals.
The Chamber office is located at 19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101, Lakeville, Minnesota.