Program Manager: Midway Chamber of Commerce
Midway Chamber of Commerce
This position reports to the Executive Director and supports the Executive Director in providing a range of services to the Membership. The person must function with limited supervision and proactively coordinate his or her work with the events of the Chamber and projects of the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Coordinate planning and managing of Chamber events, including assisting Executive Director with growth of event sponsors, as well as event set-up, on-site event management, and tear-down.
- Responsible for marketing and sales of sponsorships and registrations for Annual Celebration and Golf Tournament.
- Frequent communication with members via phone, email and at Chamber meetings and events.
- Primary responsibility for administrative functions of office including: answering phones, greeting visitors, day-to-day operation of the office, such as mailings, coordination of monthly reports and event information using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and chamber database software
- Recruit, manage, and retain volunteers.
- Sell memberships throughout year and assist Executive Director with member relations.
- Manage and create budgets for Annual Celebration and Golf Tournament
- Maintain website, social media accounts, and member database.
- Assist with invoicing, deposits, reconciliation of accounts and maintenancf or records using database software as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must work with a high level of autonomy and initiative to complete work independently
- Ability to prioritize work under pressure and on deadlines while working on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to be professional, flexible and decisive when working with internal and external member issues and concerns
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Fiscally responsible
- Outstanding organization and analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to collaborate under the direction of the Executive Director with Chamber stakeholders, including members, volunteers, contractors, Board members, and other staff.