Reports to: VP of Development & VP of Marketing
The Shakopee Chamber and Visitors Bureau is a not-for-profit business organization dedicated to improving the economic environment of the community. As an active, problem solving organization, the Shakopee Chamber of Commerce focuses on economic development, workforce development, legislative advocacy and membership growth.
The Events and Communications coordinator is responsible for coordinating the implementation of events for the Shakopee Chamber as well as the internal and external communications for the Visitors Bureau and the Chamber.
Additionally, the position maintains the membership database and provides excellent customer service and responsiveness that reflects positively on the organization. This position implements strategic direction for the organization’s communications.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all Chamber programs and events, including scheduling, promotion, speaker selection, registration, agendas, meeting minutes, and all other tasks
- Manage and coordinate all monthly networking and professional development programming
- Maintain event and program budgets and establish revenue goals with VP of Development
- Provide support to various Chamber committees
- Maintain and fulfill Chamber Bundle Up database
- Management and delivery of various organization communications strategies and projects, including…
- Weekly Newsletter, Monthly CVB Newsletter
- Weekly Events Newsletter
- Event marketing materials
- Website content maintenance
- Social media management for all lines of business
- Press releases
- Development of marketing strategies to ensure goals are met in participation and program revenue
- Cultivate relationships with members of the Chamber and community in order to engage members to remain active
- Maintain and ensure accurate member information in Chamber Database - ChamberMaster
- Cultivate and maintain an extensive knowledge of all Chamber programs and services
- Actively support and participate in Chamber events and programs
- General office and administrative tasks such as event payment processing, answering phones, handling community information inquiries, etc.
Salary Range: Depending on qualifications.
- Associates degree in marketing , events management related --4 year college degree in marketing, communications, or related preferredall
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written communication skills
- Social media strategy experience
- Should be able to lift at least 25lbs
- Must have reliable transportation
Time Commitment: Full Time, Monday – Friday 8:00 – 4:30 and additional as needed
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.