The Workforce & Business Development Director is responsible for the success of the workforce and business development initiatives of the MetroNorth Chamber of Commerce. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Implement all Chamber workforce development programs and activities, including Student Recruiter program, Career Exploration Days, Trade Tours, Careers in the Classroom, and other initiatives.
Develop and maintain relationships and direct communications with partner schools, businesses, volunteers and organizations.
Identify and disseminate workforce-related education and training for business owners.
Aid business owners with problem solving on workforce issues.
Establish benchmarking and goals for workforce programs and communications.
Liaison to Workforce Development Foundation and Committee. Schedule and attend meetings. Move their initiatives forward, providing updates as requested. Solicit and engage volunteers.
Identify and partner with professional organizations providing workforce solutions.
Research and solicit possible funding opportunities for the Chamber’s workforce programs.
Facilitate the Grow MN! Business retention program. Schedule and conduct visits. Develop connections with Anoka County cities and other stakeholders who conduct business retention visits. Identify local resources.
Develop, coordinate, and maintain a chamber internship program.
Assist with chamber programming and outreach efforts.
Provide office support and member relations as needed.
Travel is required for this position on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- To communicate effectively and professionally.
- To deliver exceptional customer service.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- To manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- To work independently, determine priorities and make appropriate decisions.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities and workloads.
- To handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
- Positive attitude and demeanor.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software.
- General understanding of the MetroNorth Chamber of Commerce and the north metro.
- Professional presence and strong interpersonal skills are a requirement.
- The highest standards of professional conduct is expected at all times.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled. No phone calls, please.