The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c)(6) statewide advocacy organization representing 2,300 businesses and over 500,000 employees across Minnesota. We advocate on a broad array of business issues that affect businesses’ bottom line. Advocacy includes legislative representation at the state capitol, state agencies and the Public Utilities Commission, as well as individual business assistance through our Grow Minnesota! business retention and assistance program. Events and sponsorship programming support our advocacy and membership representation and service. Additional information is available at https://www.mnchamber.com/
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Sell Minnesota Chamber memberships to achieve quarterly and annual goals.
- Set up sales appointments and calls to obtain quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Create plan to build relationships with prospective members.
- Document activities and all contacts with new, current and prospective members in the Microsoft CRM database.
- Attend all weekly sales meetings and provide update on activities.
- Attend networking events to increase centers of influence and new member opportunities.
- Assist in outside functions of the Minnesota Chamber as needed.
- Experience in B2B sales, business development, managing customer relations and/or companies.
- Understanding of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce’s mission and vision and the needs of a statewide, diverse, member-driven organization.
- Professional ability to relate, communicate and sell high level executive and/or business owners.
- Ability to not only source new member opportunities to sell, but also to close those opportunities within a short period of time.
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Office Suite. Must have ability to learn the Chamber’s database software and other technologies for sales presentation and database usage.
- Highly effective communication skills – oral and written.
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing members.
- Must be responsive to current and prospective members’ needs and follow through on all aspects of request, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as a positive team player in all Chamber activities.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Must exhibit a friendly, positive attitude and be a team player.
Applications should be received prior to February 15 or until position is filled. Application materials should include a current resume and a cover letter of interest supporting your fit for the position with relevant experience. References are not necessary for application at this time but may be requested later in the process. Email submissions with attachments are preferred. Please send to Shawn Zobel at firstname.lastname@example.org.